quinta-feira, 15 de abril de 2010

Oh Me! Oh Life!

"Oh me! O life! of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless traines of the faithless, of cities fill’d with the
foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish
than I, and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the
struggle ever renew’d
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I
see around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me
intertwined,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring–What good amid these,
O me, O life?"
(Walt Whitman)

2 comentários:

  1. Oh me..
    Oh you.....
    So precious :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. "Escuta, não dou lições nem esmolas, quando eu me dou, é por inteiro" W.W.

    Caríssima Oréade,

    Para mim falar de Whitman é falar de livre pensar, é falar do "clube dos poetas mortos"... Um obrigado por esta bela memória!

    ResponderEliminar